Catching snow when it’s Winter
I have always loved winter more than any other seasons. Last year, the snow came only a little even in Bavaria, but this year, I felt like I was reliving moment in 2009 when I decided to come here to Germany to meet my boyfriend(now my hubby). I decided to come in December because of the love of winter time. Some people dislike the cold of the winter time in Germany, but some people wait for it to come. Some if not many Indonesians (who live here) who are used to tropical heat keep on hoping the summer will come soon, even they hope that there will be no snow at all in winter. I see it like this;
- I am still glad that the world still works as it should be depending on the weather. I am not hoping to have warm weather in a supposed-to-be-cold weather. I am still glad that there is still some ice left.What if not at all?? I would be wondering what had happened to the world when there were no more snow falling anywhere especially here in Germany when it was winter time?
- Winter time is the time ‘once’ in a year that I have the chance to enjoy the snow, the soft white cold snow. It never fails to amaze me to see all places covered with white snow then when it’s dark (as you might already know that the day becomes darker sooner in winter time ( let’s say 5 PM then it’s already dark)) we can see the lights inside the people’s homes (yeep, Germans are into curtainless windows hehe), and those lights combined with the white snow outside look amazing!
- Winter time is the time when I feel I can become MORE fashionable with the outfit I wear. Many of my friends say that it gets a bit complicated in winter because then you have to wear clothes in layers. But I love it, I love winter outfit.
I try to count the blessing of having the chance to feel the real winter time in my opinion. As winter in different countries might not involve SNOW. But to me, the real winter is the winter with snow where I can even go sliding, throwing snowballs to my daughter and husband. Yes! that would make it into no 4 on the list above that winter time is the time when I can go crazy like a kid who enjoys making snowballs and throwing them to the right spots! It’s difficult to complain about the winter time, because for the most part I do love this season.
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
― Edith Sitwell
Spring cleaning when it’s Spring
When I have to say Tschüß to Winter time, I try to prepare to welcome the spring time. I do not usually have regular routines every spring time,though. I guess Spring is when I feel like doing some window cleaning. Other than that, I of course enjoy witnessing the young leaves start to grow. It’s fantastic. It’s difficult to complain about the spring time, because I know I need some cleaning of the windows. And this time, I can at least open the windows a little bit too long than in winter time.
Hibernating when it’s Summer
When I feel the weather is getting hot, I hibernate. Some people if not many cheer the heat, not that I say I do not cheer the apperance of the sun, I do. Even in winter when the sun appears mildly, I do love that scene too. But the sun and the weather in the summer is incomparable to the sun in winter time. Some people start to sunbathe, go out with only bikini hehe, but I go to the opposite direction: I hibernate in my perfect home, and go out only when necessary for the sake of my daughter and family (groceries shopping, for example). Even though, I come from Indonesia which the sun can be so hot that it hurts your skin, I never really like spending time outside too long when the sun shines so brightly and hot. I always try to walk under the shelter of some big trees then I can feel the breeze. I am not into sunbathing or tanning my skin. But,it is difficult to complain about the summer time because it gives me so much pleasure too:
- I can stay at home doing some cleaning or reading books.
- I can be fast in shopping because I just do not want to spend the hot time outside too long and be home sweaty all over. Oh yes, I am a woman but I do not enjoy picking things too long, but the reason why I do not enjoy such thing would be blogged in another time.
- I can enjoy eating icecream at home with my family.
- I can start buying new nice flowers.
Taking a lot of golden walks when it’s Autumn
Some say that autumn is a romantic month! Well, every season can give me a sense of romantism. In Autumn, the leaves start to turn gold, it is just like in winter time when all starts to be white when there is snow. The weather in autum tends to be windy, but I think it is not that bad. I love stepping my feet on the golden path of gold leaves, then they rustle.
“In autumn, don’t go to jewelers to see gold; go to the parks!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
It is of course difficult to complain about the autumn time when nearly all trun into golden colors, and it makes the land becomes beautiful. It is difficult to complain abot this season because then the weather becomes cool and I love cool or cold weather, I guess I have made myself clear.
I am trully blessed to have been given an opportunity to feel all those seasons.
I am trully blessed that I am destined to be here with my loving family and enjoy every minute of the season that comes.